Accounting can be a challenge or a headache because it entails multiple tasks such as invoicing, salaries, expense reports, cash flow, financial reports as well as the need to reconcile your books. Thus, an accounting software is very important for small businesses because it gives your company some of the best solutions that can make accounting easier and affordable. Some of the features that you must look for should be that it should save you a lot of time.
When I reviewed some of the best accounting software for small business, I have learned that there are features that are quite important such as simple applications, point of sale systems and synchronization with other accounts.
Image attributed to Stuart Miles/freedigitalphotos.net
Reviews on some of the Best Accounting Software for Small Business
- Intuit QuickBooks Online has many good reviews. First, this is priced good so this is quite affordable, and it has an array of paid packages for you. It has very good accounting features that would cater to different types of businesses that would include consultants, merchandising online, freelancers, shop owners as well as service providers. Whether you are a big or small company, the features are easy to use because of its online dashboard, ease of navigation, time saving features, customer service. Intuit QuickBooks Online is also used by accountants and it has their seal of approval.
- FreshBooks is specifically made for iOS and Android. It is considered as one of the best accounting software for small business because it is easy to use this for mobile accounting. While some accounting software has mobile features, FreshBooks has comprehensive features for time saving tools. Aside from the fact that the mobile app is free to download, their pricing is also very competitive because the use of mobile app is inclusive of the subscription you would have. It has great features when it comes to invoicing, getting paid faster, expense logging, and the integration of your phone to other functions.
- Xero has the best value for your money for their starter, standard, and premium subscriptions. There are no hidden charges as well as contracts to deal with so that you can change your subscription at any time without any additional expense. They offer features such as invoicing, bills payment, bank reconciliations, expense claims, inventory quotes, expense orders, payroll, reporting, and the like. Third party integrations as well as custom integrations are also offered.
- Zoho Books is one of the less complicated accounting software but it covers all the basics that you need such as accounting using mobile device, track expenses, send and creating invoices, bank synchronization and the like. However, the price of Zoho Books is about 24$ which may not be considered cheap compared with the others.
- Wave is a free accounting software and this is best for businesses that are just starting out, or they have no plans of expanding. This software is good for those employing no more than 10 people, and those who are freelancers.
What Do You Need?
Choosing an accounting software for your business would largely depend on your own use, your needs in terms of features, price, and the like. The best accounting software for small business is just a simple guide for you so that you can compare and contrast the features of each as well as decide which one works for you.