You will always experience conflict in all aspects of your life because this is a phenomenon that is natural and healthy. However, the way you handle conflicts will spell the difference. Creative conflict resolutions are defined as the ability to name, address, and resolve conflicts that come as everyday experiences. Negotiating conflicts is by part a process where two sides must see that the solution met meets win-win solution, instead of a win-lose perspective. Participants also see the value and belief that participating in creative conflict resolutions will allow them to access their ability and competence.
Image attributed to Stuart Miles/freedigitalphotos.net
Some Tips on Creative Conflict Resolutions
The goal of resolving conflict creatively is to give everyone a voice, a perspective, and a solution that will achieve individual and collective goals. The following tips maybe employed to achieve this:
· Everyone must visualize the goal after the conflict has been resolved. Having an imagined ideal will put things in perspective. Make sure that everyone or the other person must be respectfully heard in the process.
· Ask for ideas on the ways in which this conflict will be resolved. This provided the strategies or ways on which how to get to the ideal goal.
· Be open for things that are worrisome or things that are troubling for the other person.
· Ask people what the most important aspect they want to achieve so that solutions to conflict will be laid down.
· Brainstorm for ideas that would meet individual and collective needs. It is important that what people perceive as needs does not only favor one person, but is favorable to all who are participating in generating solutions to a conflict.
· Ask for a collective responsibility to solve the issue, as well the ways in which to achieve the best solution. Accountability for the results is important so that full commitment will be exerted for the conflict to be resolved.
All these tips point to the spirit of cooperation, synergy, openness to other people’s ideas, and the belief has something of value to contribute to the resolution of the conflict. It lays down the foundation for openness that there is no one person who has the monopoly of right solutions.
Mutually Satisfying Solutions to Conflict
Healthy relationships, healthy work teams, and healthy marriages will always undergo conflict. This is the reason why creative conflict resolutions are an important aspect to maintain and improve these various types of relationships. You can tap the energy and resources of other people when you allow them to become a participant in conflict management. It will also encourage people to explore new ways of solving conflicts that has not been trodden before. The creativity of the individual will be challenged and this will expand as the solutions take place.
Productive conflict resolutions will center on ideas, tasks, cooperation, energy, and cohesiveness. It will not delve on personalities, character differences, and power play. There are several ways to engage a conflict without leaving anyone feeling that he or she has lost in the process. Creative conflict resolutions are all about a win-win situation where everyone will walk away satisfied with the decision.